Saturday, May 23, 2009

Screaming

My voice coach is always trying to get me to yell, scream, get loud. He says that's the only way my system will learn to produce certain notes.

I have full faith in him. In my head, I know he's right. But, wow, do I ever hate screaming.

I hate doing it most likely because I hate receiving it. I truly hate being in the presence of screaming. And, I really, really hate it when raised voices in my world can be heard by my neighbors.

The only thing worse than making a scene in public is making a heard in public.

I was on the receiving end of screaming recently. Fairly publicly.

(No, it wasn't David.)

Once the reverberations in my skull subsided, I was able to wonder: What must it be like to be inside that person's skin? I can only try to imagine.... Her world can't a be a very pleasant place.

If it were, she wouldn't be screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment